This handy little book was the very first I bought when I moved to the Boulder area in 2011. It’s a local bestseller and I can see why. The organization is good, it includes lots of photos (so many hiking books have bad or few photos) and it’s well written and concise. The only improvement I could suggest would be to include better maps.
The book covers nearly all of the trails in the Boulder Open Space and Mountain Parks, the foothills, the Nederland Area, Rocky Mountain National Park and Indian Peaks Wilderness. It’s a great resource if you live in the Boulder/Denver area or visit often.
- Comprehensive guide to area hikes, including Rocky Mountain National Park
- Great photography by Russell and Gail Dohrmann
- Color-coded regional organization makes finding hikes easy
- Simplistic maps do not show topography or context
Where to Buy:
- Support your local bookstore or order from Amazon.